Get a taste of the backcountry.
The Backcountry vibe is alive and kicking in our tasting room, designed to feel like a ski cabin from the 1970’s. Aprés with us post-adventure while planning your next trip on our map top tables. With new seasonal beers launching every week there is a style for every palate on our 20 tap tower. We also serve cider, wine, bubbles, mead, spirits and plenty of non-alcoholic options.
Complimenting our beer list is an ever changing food menu featuring hand tossed, thin crust pizza, seasonal salads and snacks. Our kitchen team keeps it creative and are proud to make everything from scratch.
In the retail area you will find a fridge full of canned beer, our very own beer infused hot sauce, as well as plenty of beer accessories, shirts, hats and hoodies for the craft beer enthusiast.
BACKCOUNTRY BREWING COVID-19 SAFETY PLAN
We are committed to welcoming our staff and guests back safely and have developed the following plan in response to the COVID-19 pandemic. Owners, managers, and workers are all responsible for implementing this plan and our goal is to mitigate the potential risk for transmission of COVID-19 in our workplace and community. This requires full cooperation from our team and our guests to establish and maintain the safety of everyone. This plan is subject to immediate change as per notices from the public health authority.
Our safety plan has been developed by utilizing the following resources:
Thank you for your patience as we navigate ourselves through the changes to our service we will strictly follow. We ask that you follow the clear signage to do your part and keep yourselves and our employees healthy and safe.
For Our Guests
- Guest entry protocol – we ask that if you are feeling symptomatic, have travelled outside of Canada or have come into contact with anyone who has tested positive for COVID-19 that you do not enter the brewery.
- Guest sanitization – we have placed hand sanitizer stations and hand washing stations within the guests reach (retail entrance, patio and tasting room entrance and washrooms). Our policy will be to encourage all guests and suppliers to use hand sanitizer upon entering the facility as well as sign in with their name and number.
- Guest social distancing – we have a strict capacity between the patio and tasting room of 50 people. We have enforced social distancing between tables at least 2m apart as well as for guests waiting in line for pick up. We will have signage and placement markers to encourage social distancing. Our washrooms have a limit of 2 people at a time. Our retail area has clear signage in place advising limited number of guests and to stay behind the line until prompted forward for payment.
- Payment – We will encourage our guests to avoid separating bills, use contactless and card payment and we are not currently accepting cash payments.
For Our Staff
- New company illness policy – you will be asked to sign a one-time health check declaration form.
- PPE – we encourage our staff to wear gloves when handling dirty dishes & glassware from guests and sanitize hands after use. Re-useable face masks are available to staff to wear as an option.
- Personal hygiene – we will reinforce personal hygiene habits.
- Sanitization – we will give you the training to understand the process of sanitization & where our high traffic areas are.
- Check lists – we have now added some cleaning checklists to be filled out periodically throughout our shift.
- Tools – Refillable spray bottles with cleaning and disinfecting agents, cloths, sanitizer pails, paper towels
- Products – ECOLAB peroxide multi surface cleaner & disinfectant, ECOLAB oasis 146 multi-quat sanitizer
- Guest seating – we will be using a waitlist application if guests are unable to get a table straight away but encourage guests to wait near by (at their vehicle or walk near by) until their table becomes available and you are notified. We are no longer offering seating at the bar. There can only be a maximum of 6 guests in a group.
- We no longer offer bar service and will be offering table service. Servers will approach one side of the table kept clear for them to be able to maintain social distancing from guests.
- Single use items – in order to encourage frequent sanitization, our tables will be left empty until a guest arrives. Prewrapped cutlery, water and individual servings of hot sauce will be brought on request.
- Discontinued table condiments – we have minimized the number of menus and discontinued table caddies (hot sauce, cutlery, napkins, salt and pepper) and candles.
- Strategic limited menu – to minimize the amount of staff needed in the kitchen to help maintain social distancing.
- Pick up orders and pre-orders – we will no longer offer Squamish beer home delivery. We will continue to offer online store order pick up in our retail store with proper protocol & assigned areas differentiating between retail store and tasting room/patio to minimize traffic.
- The right to refuse service to any guest – similar to refusing to serve an intoxicated individual will have the same power if guests display symptoms of COVID-19 or refuses to abide by the protocols set in place to keep our staff and guests safe. Make sure that a manager is made aware and deals with this situation.
At Backcountry Brewing we want you to know that we want you to feel as safe as possible to return to work and we have outlined the following safety plan to assist in this. Our goal is to also protect our customers and ensure you can communicate clearly and without hesitation about our guidelines that are put in place for your protection and theirs.
We encourage you to be honest and provide feedback to your managers about the new normal we are heading into. Please also have patience with them as we are working hard to provide you with a safe working space to return to.